Download the Easy Snacks Checklist!
Snacking is a huge part of clean eating! It is best if you eat several small meals a day and several small snacks a day so that you never really feel hungry.
Here is an easy break down to 10 clean eating snacks, low-glycemic, protein, and healthy fat ingredients – for those times that you would usually grab something unhealthy- here are some healthy options!
When you can’t make it to your next meal:
1. Banana and natural coconut butter (or almond, cashew, macadamia, or sunflower seed butter)
2. Hard-boiled egg
3. A small handful of blackberries or raspberries
4. A small handful of melatonin-rich walnuts or almonds, raw and organic if possible
5. Kale chips
6. Tahini spread on seed-based crackers such as Mary’s Gone Crackers
7. Apple slices
8. Protein shakes
9. Roasted peppers or non-starchy vegetables of choice (summer squash, zucchini, cauliflower, etc.) dipped in tahini, baba ghanoush, or tapenade
10. Avocado slices
It is helpful if you set up an area on your counter and in your fridge for the easy to grab healthy snacks. Pre-make them so they are easy to get!
When you are craving something crunchy:
1. Popcorn with cocoa butter
2. Bell pepper slices
3. Apple slices with natural almond butter
4. Dill pickles
5. Plantain chips and salsa
6. Rice cakes
7. Sweet potato baked fries
8. Veggies with tuna dip
9. Whole grain crackers
10. Cucumbers and hummus
It is important that when at the grocery store you remember to buy your healthy snacks. Pre-planning the snacks you have available each day is very helpful. Set yourself up for success by thinking ahead to the times you would typically struggle- and be prepared with a healthy clean substitute!
When you are craving something sweet:
Raspberries and dark chocolate chips
Homemade banana bread
Fresh fruit salad
Dark cacao chocolate
Whole-grain toast with natural almond butter
Healthy snacks are quite tasty, and you might be surprised at how much you actually enjoy them! Be smart about how you snack, and you will find that you feel better! By feeding your body the kinds of food it needs- your body will reward you!
We want to share with you some easy snack recipes for your clean eating journey from our Healthy Lifers Community. You can access more great ideas in our Healthy Lifers Community or one of our healing with joy & food digital books developed in collaboration with Holistic Nutritionist Gabriele Zoebl.